Saturday, June 29, 2013

You Don't Know Me by Susan May Warren

You Don't Know Me is the sixth book in the Deep Haven Series by Susan May Warren.  I was excited to read another book by Susan May Warren since my review of her newest book Take a Chance on Me.  And I have to say, that I loved this book just as much!  Such a great story that had me rooting for the main character, Deidre.  Deidre O'Reilly has a little bit of a wild side to her.  But this wild side has landed her into the Witness Security Program at the young age of 18 because she testified against a dangerous individual that has vowed to kill her.  Deidre has to leave everything behind and start over in Deep Haven, Minnesota.  On the one hand it is a new chance on life, but on the other, she will have to give up everything including her family.

I love that this book is based off of a real conversation that Susan had with a fellow passenger on an airplane.  I can't imagine telling my daughter goodbye at the age of 21 (in the real life conversation) to not have contact with her possibly forever.  This story was great as it explored the what-if's when lies and secrets are hidden in relationships.  There are great consequences to hiding things from the ones we love.  We think we are protecting others...but are we really just protecting ourselves?  Even though I haven't read the rest of the Deep Haven series, I was able to sit down and read book 6.  Having read the first book in the Christiansen Family series, which also takes place in Deep Haven, it was cool to read about some of the main characters from that book.  I would highly recommend picking up this book.  The story was mesmerizing and kept me engaged from cover to cover!


***I checked this book out from my local library to read for the Summer Reading Program by Tyndale House. 

No comments: