Monday, April 2, 2018

Winning Miss Winthrop by Carolyn Miller (Book 1, Regency Brides: A Promise of Hope series)

Carolyn Miller has begun a new Regency Brides series called A Promise of Hope.  This series includes familiar characters from her Regency Brides: A Legacy of Grace series.
This first book is called Winning Miss Winthrop.

About the Book:
Miss Winthrop is trying to recover from her heartbreak 2 years ago when a man she thought she loved rejected her. But when he father suddenly passes away, Miss Catherine Winthrop and her mother find themselves in a precarious position since an heir must be sought for outside of their immediate family. When the very man she thought she'd never have to see again is said to be the rightful heir of the Winthrop estate, Catherine is at a loss of how to accept her new Mr. Carlew as the rightful Lord Winthrop. Will her heart ever heal after being broken?

My Thoughts: 
Miss Winthrop's story was intriguing to read. I can't imagine having to move out of my house and watch it being given over to strangers just because there was not a male in my immediate family to pass the house too. It truly is quite hard for our modern minds to understand this way of thinking. I thought the author did a great job with the story. It showed how gossip and lack of communication can destroy relationships in a blink of an eye.  I thought the story moved along at a good pace and kept my interest from start to finish. It is definitely a book I'd recommend.  I'm looking forward to reading the rest of this series as it comes out later this year. Book 2--Miss Serena's Secret will release on July 24, 2018, and Book 3--The Making of Mrs. Hale will released on November 27, 2018.

My Rating: ★★★★

***I received this e-book from Kregel Publications. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions are my own.

No comments: