Friday, September 15, 2017

My Heart Belongs in the Shenandoah Valley by Andrea Boeshaar

Andrea Boeshaar has released a new novel set in the Shenandoah Valley in 1816.  My Heart Belongs in the Shenandoah Valley is an interesting story that is worth checking out.

From the Back Cover:
Captain McAlister "Mac" Albright has purchased land in the Shenandoah Valley. However, the land belongs to Lilyanna Laughlin--or so she erroneously thinks. Mac set her straight and despite a poor start, the two become friends...if only he were financially stable enough to offer her more.
When Lily's life is threatened and his whole future goes up in flames, Mac truly becomes a man without means, and Lily is forced to make the impossible choice between a loveless marriage with a man twice her age or the man who has shown her what true love could be. How can she choose between love and economic security? Her family is depending on her. Is her heart destined to break?
Journey into Virginia's Shenandoah Valley of 1816 where a woman's dreams and future happiness are on the line.

My Thoughts:
I thought that the author did a good job with the storyline, keeping it moving along and pulling in the reader. I always find the historical aspect of these stories interesting since it is so different from the time period we live in today. Andrea Boeshaar did a great job with painting a picture of a different time in history. I liked the interaction between the characters and how a young, naive woman learns that life is not always as it appears. I wished that the ending would of been a little longer and wrapped things up a little more than it did. It seemed to rushed at the end for me. That being said, the ending will not keep you hanging.

My Rating: ★★★★

***I received a complimentary copy of this book from Barbour Publishing and was under no obligation to post a review. All opinions are my own.

No comments: