Are you looking for a Bible dictionary that will aid in your personal Bible study or help with Bible study class preparations? Thomas Nelson has published a new and enhanced Bible dictionary. Below you can read a product description and my personal review.
From the Back Cover:
Now with a fresh new look and full-color Fan-Tab Thumb-Index Reference System, Nelson's Illustrated Bible Dictionary, New and Enhanced Edition puts a wealth of up-to-date and reliable information at your fingertips.
Designed, written, and edited with the needs of general readers in mind, this comprehensive Bible dictionary contains over 7,000 individual entries on the people, places, things, and doctrines of the Bible. Christians who want to make their Bible study more rewarding, Sunday school teacher and Bible class leaders looking for help in making their lessons more effective, and anyone who wants to understand the Word of God and Bible backgrounds more fully will find what they need here.
Packed with information and special features:
* More than 500 updated or enhanced full-color photographs to illustrate and clarify important
* An extensive cross-reference system for use with the most popular English translations of the
* Helpful outlines of the books of the Bible designed to aid effective study and teaching
* A map index and full-color maps for understanding major periods of biblical history
* Articles that address special topics, such as studying the Bible, comparing Bible translations,
and recent discoveries in archaeology
* Charts, maps, tables, and The Visual Survey of the Bible for understanding Bible history at a
* Large type and a new full-color page design
What a great new dictionary! I love several things about this new enhanced version. First, in the opening pages, 5 steps are given to instruct readers how to use this Bible dictionary in your regular Bible reading to enhance your learning of Scripture. Second, the Visual Survey of the Bible is great! I love being able to see the history of Scripture put on one comprehensive timeline. It gives a great overview of Scripture. Third, the pictures and maps used throughout the dictionary are wonderful. They had another great layer of interest! Now, I must say as with all literature, you must compare men's words with Scripture. Men aren't always correct in their interpretation of Scripture and so must be thoroughly cross examined with what God's Word says. There may be other theories represented in these pages that you will not agree with... such as the six days of creation not being a literal 24 hour period (pg. 278). In spite of some difference like these, I'm excited to be able to use this new dictionary to enhance my own personal Bible study. This will be a great new edition to our library.
***I received this book free from BookLook bloggers in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.