Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Peril in the Palace (Imagination Station book 3) by Paul McCusker and Marianne Hering

Peril in the Palace was another exciting adventure in the continuation of the quest to save Mr. Whittaker's friend, Albert.  You can read my reviews of book 1 here and book 2 here.  Much like the other books, Patrick and Beth learn about the history and culture of the time they have been transported to.  In this book, they travel back in time to the year 1271 to the land of China to meet Kublai Khan.  Their mission is to find the golden tablet of Kublai Khan.  Mr. Whittaker gives them several packages to give to others as gifts in order to help them with their mission.   Some of the gifts prove helpful, while others do not seem to work and get them into more trouble.  You'll have to read the book to find out if they complete their mission in finding the golden tablet in time to help Mr. Whittaker's friend, Albert.

My daughter and I really liked the previous 2 books of this series and the third book did not disappoint.   The books are great for this age group (ages 7 and up).  I think that the writing is well done and the plot even keeps my 6 year old's attention.  It's fun to hear her laughing at the funny parts.   I definitely recommend this series!  You can read the first 5 pages of the 4th book in the series The Revenge of the Red Knight here on Adventures in Odyssey's The Imagination Station website.  Just click on the read button that says Watch a Click Book.

***This is a book we already own.  I'm reading this series with my daughter for the Tyndale Summer Reading Program.  All opinions are my own.

No comments: