Monday, July 8, 2013

Cowboy Colt by Dandi Daley Mackall

I just finished reading Dandi Daley Mackall's second book, Cowboy Colt, in her Backyard Horses series. You can read my review of her first book in the series, Horse Dreams, here.  This series is for kids ages 6-10.
Now that Ellie James has her dream horse, life should be absolutely wonderful, but for some reason her best bud, Colt Stevens, is being horribly mean to her.  Ellie is tempted to give up on their friendship, but maybe she should find out why things have changed. 
I really enjoyed reading through this book last night.  There was enough intrigue to keep me going through the whole book.  The truth taught in the story is a great one for kids this age.  What do you do when a supposed friend is being mean?  Do you retaliate or show kindness?  This is something that we deal with throughout the rest of life and is a good lesson to learn.  I'm looking forward to picking up the rest of the series and I think it'll be a fun series to read with my little girl.

No comments: