Saturday, May 21, 2011

Love Finds You in Lahaina, Hawaii by Bodie Thoene

Back in February, I read a book by Bodie Thoene called Love Finds You in Lahaina, Hawaii.  I really liked this book so much that I thought I'd better do a review on it.  It was the first historical fiction book I had read in quite a while.  This book is actually part of a Love Finds You collection written by many different authors.  You can read about the books and see all of the titles here.

This book actually has 2 different stories going on at the same time.  Sandi headed to Hawaii to interview an eyewitness to history for a 50 states History Project for UCLA's masters program.  Her contact happens to be an older lady named Auntie Hannah who has quite a story to tell.  The story takes place in 1890 amidst growing unrest in Hawaii.  What Sandi finds in Hawaii is a story filled with intrigue, mystery and love that also helps her deal with battles that she is facing in her own life. 

I loved the story and thought it was so well written.  I love reading a fun story filled with actual history.  Bodie Thoene is one of my favorite historical fiction writers.  I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is looking for something fun to read.

**I checked out this book at my local library.

No comments: